Mozda nisam dobro napisao adresu, treba da glasi:
Ipak saljem sta tamo pise:
Error Message 'No Carrier' with the Winmodem Driver Intel-536ep
Applies to: SUSE LINUX 9.0
Even though all entered data for the dial-up are correct, your
attempts to establish an Internet connection with your internal modem
via an Internet provider fail with the error message:
During the installation of SUSE LINUX 9.0, the new kernel parameter
"desktop" has been set as the boot option in the boot loader
configuration. This parameter modifies the standard settings of the
time slices (see the article Balancing Interactivity with SuSE Linux
The proprietary close source driver used for your modem cannot work
properly with this particular setting.
Remove this kernel parameter from the boot loader configuration. To do
this, proceed as follows:
1. Start YaST and select the menu entries:
* Boot Loader Configuration
2. Select the line "Available Sections" from the column "Option"
and press the button "Edit".
3. Select the entry "Linux" from the column "Label" and press the
button "Edit". (In case you changed the label manually during or
after the installation, select the name you assigned to the SUSE
Linux 9.0 installation.)
4. Select the entry "kernel" from the column "Option" and press the
5. Enlarge the new dialog for a better overview.
6. Search for the word "desktop" in the prompt and remove it.
7. Confirm by clicking "OK" in the three successive dialogs and
exit the boot loader configuration with the button "Finish".
8. Quit YaST.
9. Restart your system and try anew to establish a dial-up
connection with your provider.
Veliki pozdrav, Nemanja...