Navigacija
Lista poslednjih: 16, 32, 64, 128 poruka.

Kako se živi od Linuxa i sa Linuxom

[es] :: Advocacy :: Kako se živi od Linuxa i sa Linuxom

[ Pregleda: 3142 | Odgovora: 1 ] > FB > Twit

Postavi temu Odgovori

Autor

Pretraga teme: Traži
Markiranje Štampanje RSS

Gojko Vujovic
Amsterdam, NL

Administrator
Član broj: 1

+165 Profil

icon Kako se živi od Linuxa i sa Linuxom18.03.2004. u 20:15 - pre 243 meseci
Ovidiu Predescu's Weblog
January 22, 2003
The first week at Google
Google

It's been a week already since I started with Google. Phew, how fast it went by! I haven't had much time reading blogs these days, that's for sure.

I met a lot of people with whom I share past and current interests. [Content edited to protect the innocent]

It's for the first time I see such a large engineering group developing exclusively on Linux. Development happens in C, Python and Java using (X)Emacs and/or vi. Everybody seems to be a Linux hacker, with their own desktop and emacs customizations. I was originally planning to do development on my MacOS X laptop, but I've quickly decided to go back to my roots and use XEmacs on Linux.

I'm trying to get familiar with the source code base, and understand the architecture of the whole system. To get familiar with the existing code, I've started prototyping an idea I had for a long time. The scale of the deployment is just beyond any imagination, it's hard to imagine a system more complex than this. The interesting/scary thing is the current system is still expanding...

The work environment is very free, engineers can contribute to internal projects as they wish. The cool thing is that most ideas that you see on the public Web site are driven by engineers. This freedom is something I enjoy very much, as I don't like being constrained by a particular project.

http://www.webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/archives/000160.html

Odgovor na temu

Aleksandar Aca Trifunovic
Aleksandar Trifunovic
Zaposlenje : www.information.ingoo.us
Pancevo

Član broj: 169646
*.3dnet.co.yu.

Sajt: www.information.ingoo.us

icon Kako se živi od Linuxa i sa Linuxom17.01.2008. u 18:31 - pre 197 meseci
Gojko,da li je Linux dobar,malo je pretezak za koriscenje ..? :D :D

Odgovor na temu

[es] :: Advocacy :: Kako se živi od Linuxa i sa Linuxom

[ Pregleda: 3142 | Odgovora: 1 ] > FB > Twit

Postavi temu Odgovori

Navigacija
Lista poslednjih: 16, 32, 64, 128 poruka.