After over a year of hard work, we are thrilled to finally release 0.11. A lot of stuff happened over all this time, including a complete rework of the codebase to support the newest Qt4 library. Some of the changes in 0.11 include:
* Reworked account registration process (including proper support for XEP-0077 (In-band registration))
* Finished support for XEP-0004 (Data Forms) by supporting forms in messages. (thanks to Roelof Naude)
* Added support for JEP-0070 (Verifying HTTP Requests via XMPP).
* Customizable shortcuts (thanks to Ephraim)
* Added spell checking (thanks to Ephraim). Currently only aspell is supported on non-Macs.
* Added option to automatically set the resource (using the hostname)
* Added new default Stellar3 iconset
* Added support for JEP-138 (Stream Compression)
* Added support for using JEP-33 (Extended Stanza Addressing) to multicast messages to multiple users. Use option.enable-multicasting to enable it.
* Added ‘Show status message’ toggle. There is a hidden option to put status messages under the nickname (at the cost of 2 extra pixels when no status message is shown)
* Support for Bookmark Storage (JEP-0048), where bookmarked conferences are auto-joined. No UI is provided for creating bookmarks (yet).
* Better error messages, including error condition mappings (JEP-0086)
* Support dynamically changing priority
* Improved PGP error messages
* Hiding the deprecated protocol selector for service discovery by default. Use option.ui.show-deprecated.service-discovery.protocol-selector to re-enable it.
* New options system (see options.xml)
* Receiving support for vCard-Based Avatars (JEP-0153)
* Support for Multi-User-Chat (JEP-0045)
* Preliminary support for User Nickname (JEP-0172)
* Preliminary support for Roster Item Exchange (JEP-0144)
* Psi now uses the Qt4(>=4.2.3) and QCA2 libraries, replacing the Qt3 and QCA1 requirements.
* “Privacy List” support in the account dialog.
* Support for JEP-0050 (Ad-hoc commands)
* Preliminary support for JEP-0163 (Personal Eventing Protocol)
* Preliminary support for JEP-0146 (Remote Controlling Clients)
* Large parts of the codebase have been restructured.
* Fixed a chat room bug where subject/topic changes were not shown.
* Mac OS X builds are now universal binaries, supporting the new Intel based Macs.
* Support for JEP-85 (Chat State Notifications).
* Support for JEP-0115 (Entity Capabilities).
* There is now a config.xml option to make some windows use the brushed metal theme on Mac OS X.
* Window opacity support is now present for all three supported platforms.
* Fixed Unicode URL opening bug #510
* Auto-reconnect accounts on wakeup
* Copy-pasting with emoticons now works
* Fixed issue #263 where emoticons would disappear in a reply or quote
* History index is rebuilt faster
* Configure toolbars merged into main preferences dialog
* Moving tooltips
* MingW32 compiler support (Coupled with the open source Qt4 Windows library this now allows completely free building of Psi on Windows)
There's not much else to say here that isn't said in the release notes / readme, which everyone is encouraged to read before upgrading.
To get your latest copy of Psi, just click on one of the links below.
Other packages will trickle in as they're available, I know that Suse packages are ready thanks to Nikolay Derkach.
Translations will be coming in shortly.
Happy release time :)
Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.
Upali lampicu — koristi Jabber!