Some of the major features of What an ERP do for organizations are:
1. ERP facilitates company-wide Integrated Information System covering all functional areas like:
-Selling and distribution
2. ERP performs core corporate activities and increases customer service and thereby builds the enterprise’s Corporate Image.
3. ERP bridges the information gap across the organization and interconnects all the departments to single information access point across the companies under the same management.
4. ERP is the only solution for better Project Management.
5. ERP allows automatic introduction of latest technologies like:
-Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
-Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
6. ERP eliminates the most of the business problems like:
-Prompt delivery etc.
7. ERP not only addresses the current requirements of the company but also provides the opportunity of continually improving and refining business processes.
8. ERP provides business intelligence tools like:
-Decision Support Systems (DSS)
-Executive Information System (EIS)
-Reporting, Data Mining
-Early Warning Systems (Robots) for enabling people to make better decisions and thus improve their business processes
Cave ab homine unius libri
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average