Tvoj problem je sto ne vidis kernel "Trying to boot from network
Cannot find file 'kernel.f2k'."
ovo bi trebalo da ti pomogne:
OK, finally figured out how to remove the BT firmware and put the latest (5861-012.510) on from Efficient Networks (http://support.efficient.com/d.../Speedstream/5861/5861-012.510
Note: The version of firmware v5.30 and higher are the ones that give you access to a web config, example setup with the webconfig can be found at http://www.farina1.com/display.htm?e:
BUT REMEMBER, DOING THIS WILL INVALIDATE THE BT TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND IF THE 5861 DOES NOT WORK AFTER THIS YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SUPPORT FROM BT TO PUT IT BACK TO A WORKING STATE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! BT MAY WELL CHARGE YOU FOR INSTALLING A NEW WORKING 5861
If you purchased the device yourself then the re-configuration is no problem.
I'm expanding here on the scant instructions from Efficient Networks manual (http://support.efficient.com/docs/pdf/ENI_CLI.pdf
) on page 181 (Recovering Kernels for Routers with a Reset Button).
Do the following:
1. Ensure your PC has a fixed IP address in the same range as the 5861, you must also ensure that the subnet mask is also on the same subnet as the 5861. The PC's IP address must be a static IP e.g. 192.168.254.101
2. Download the latest GUI software from Efficient Networks (http://support.efficient.com/d...rnels/Speedstream/GUI/v396.zip
) and install it.
3. Once you've installed the GUI it will create a folder on your hard disk C:\DSL by default but I used C:\Program Files\DSL. Then download into the DSL folder the latest firmware (5861-012.510) from Efficient Networks (http://support.efficient.com/d.../Speedstream/5861/5861-012.510
4. Make a copy of the 5861-012.510 file and rename it kernel.f2k. So you should have both the 5861-012.510 file and kernel.f2k in the DSL folder.
5. Run the _Efficient Configuration Manager_ via the Start menu entry that was made when the GUI software was installed.
6. Click the _Tools_ button, then the _BOOTP_ button.
For the "File name to boot in TFTP's root path of:" enter 5861-012.510
Enter the "Serial Number of Router" this is the number under the router box that is on a bar code sticker, You don't need to enter the first letter, just the numbers.
Enter the "Router IP Address to use" for the 5861, by default it's 192.168.254.254
7. Click OK and this should open two new windows a _BOOTP_ window and a _TFTP_ window.
An example of what you should see on a working BOOTP is
Wait until the _BOOTP_ window says "BOOTP started". Then put a put a pointy instrument into the reset hole in the back of the 5861 and ensure you "feel" the reset button is fully pushed in.
8. Leaving the reset button fully pushed in, turn the 5861 on (it should already be turned off). Wait until all the lights quickly flash green then remove the pointy instrument from the reset hole.
9. The TFTP window will very soon have some info in it, which should be the 5861 booting from your computer e.g http://www.farina1.com/5861/tftp.jpg
If you get nothing after a few tries it suggests either you arent pressing the reset switch or it's broke. An option if you suspect a broken switch is open the case (DO REMEMBER TO UNPLUG THE MAINS BEFORE OPENING CASE).and have a look, if it looks dodgy - remove the switch and install another, e.g. enlarge hole in case and add a small toggle switch. In worst case just solder two wires to the small contacts the switch was connected to and short these. (NOTE: Soldering like this will invalidate ANY warranty that you may have had, and I wont be held responsible for any damage to you or modem. http://www.farina1.com/5861/wire.jpg
shows the basic two wire version ( picture is hard to take clear due to scales involved)
10. When this is done (about 10 seconds) then you should be able to click _Connect_ from the Efficient Configuration Manager, enter the password (default admin).
11. You might then want to have a look at some of the settings using the buttons on the Efficient Configuration Manager, just to get some idea of how the 5861 is setup/will need setting up.
12. In the Efficient Configuration Manager click _Tools_ again, then _Upgrade / Backup_. You should then maybe Backup everything you can to your local PC just in case.
13. Still in the _Upgrade / Backup_ option click "Firmware" then the _Upgrade_ button. This will then overwrite the BT firmware and put Efficient Networks' on, it will then say it needs to restart. Click OK.
14. Once this is done, close the BOOTP and TFTP windows.
15. That's it! Once the box comes backup, you should be able to connect directly via the Efficient Configuration Manager software and configure it.
16. For some reason I can't get the web interface that the manual (http://support.efficient.com/docs/pdf/ENI_CLI.pdf
) mentions, but at least I can get to it via the Efficient Configuration Manager.
17. If you've put a web config version of the firmware on the modem, the login on the webpage is username: login password: admin
na sledecem linku ces naci jos dosta odgovora za tvoj Efficient-SpeedStream 5861 ruter
Saljem ti i PP