Član broj: 4967
Front-end Web Developer
Last.fm is looking for a front-end web developer who lives and breathes tight, elegant XHTML and CSS.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and innovative, good at “getting things done,” and have experience using Last.fm / AS.
What you’ll be doing:
* Implementing the front-end markup for new Last.fm features on your own, as well as improving existing features of the website
* Working hand-in-hand with our creative team and PHP developers to quickly prototype and roll out new pages and functionality
* Improving Last.fm's browser compatibility and "alternative platform" experience
* Inciting the social music revolution and helping us take over the world
* Proven expertise in modern XHTML and CSS web development / design
* Familiarity with browser quirks and peculiarities; able to tame Internet Explorer into submission
* An eye for visual consistency and aesthetic detail
* A passion for great interfaces
* An understanding of how the web works, from low to high levels.
* Familiarity with a wide range of relevant technologies and web standards.
* Flexibility: we are small company, but we move quickly.
* Smarty templating system (smarty.php.net)
* Subversion basics
* Programming experience (PHP or other)
* Understanding of design principles / UI best practices
* Interest in fields of music, social networking, blogging and related technologies, recommendation systems, and data mining.
Last.fm has offering several opportunities for interns / work experience placements in the following areas:
* Label relations
* Business Operations / Development
The ideal candidate will be communicative and motivated as well as a passionate about Last.fm. Being able to work independently as well as part of the team is vital. A healthy interest in the fields of music, social networking, and blogging is also a bonus.
The exact job description will vary depending on the position in question, so please get in touch and we can discuss it more. It shouldn’t be too menial.
When applying, please ensure that the subject line includes the word “intern”, and the area you are interested in. These places are unpaid, although we will pay expenses. Candidates must have a valid EU work visa.