Serbia - Country Consultant
The position is located in Belgrade.
This is an interim position with possible extension after one year.
Google is the number one internet search engine and one of the most-visited sites on the internet. We are a global, NASDAQ-listed company [GOOG] with over 5,000 employees. We have been profitable for over three years. Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. We are looking for seasoned, versatile and energetic professionals for the role of Serbia Country Consultant.
The Serbia Consultant should be based in Belgrade and will be responsible for leading business development initiatives that are critical to the growth of the company. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership in marketing, sales or business development for an internet/technology or advertising company, and have graduated at the top of their class from a leading academic institution. We are looking for self-starters who can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate leadership with limited oversight. Fluency in English and Serbian is required.
• Develop and execute operational and strategic initiatives – planning, gathering and synthesizing market data, leading analysis and developing final recommendations for the country.
• Provide market and regional expertise to identify growth opportunities.
• Lead cross-functional, global efforts to drive results.
• Work with Product Marketing to improve local products.
• Work with sales on customer acquisition strategies.
• Promote and participate in activities aimed at increasing Google brand awareness.
• Clearly communicate findings from initiatives to senior management and to the broader organization.
• Embody the progressive, innovative values that represent Google.
• MBA or equivalent preferred; undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or other technical field preferred.
• Experience in a line management role (general management, sales, marketing, business development) for a high growth technology firm / entrepreneurial endeavor, or equivalent experience at the senior associate / engagement manager level at a leading consulting firm.
• Demonstrated top quartile performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
• Work experience and keen understanding of the competitive landscape in the country required.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and instinct for revenue-generating activities.
• Experience in the software, internet, media, or fast-paced technology start-up industries strongly preferred.
• Distinctive problem solving and analytic skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with highly technical management team.
• Established network of contacts within internet/advertising/government communities.
• Fluency in English and Serbian. Outstanding presentation skills in all languages.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to [email protected]
Important: The subject field of your email must include Serbia - Country Consultant. Your application will not be considered if the subject of your email is incorrect.