Navigacija
Lista poslednjih: 16, 32, 64, 128 poruka.

I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)

[es] :: ISP :: ADSL :: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)

Strane: 1 2

[ Pregleda: 6742 | Odgovora: 21 ] > FB > Twit

Postavi temu Odgovori

Autor

Pretraga teme: Traži
Markiranje Štampanje RSS

katarino
beograd

Član broj: 112892
..2-r.retail.telecomitalia.it.

icon I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)22.09.2006. u 19:23 - pre 214 meseci
Hello,

I need to find some serious guy that monday could go in an apartment with the agency
to test which kind of ADSL there is in the apartment in dalmatinska street zone is
near Vukov spomenik.

I need that you go there with a notebook and a your own router/modem and try to
understand the speed/plan of the adsl and the brand.

Here for example you can see easily the speed www.speedtest.net and see the IP
and then check the provider from this trace http://www.visualroute.it/vr.asp

if the ADSL is not 768/192 but is 512/128 if you could test an IP Phone (like GrandStream 102)
and I can make a call to test that it work fine ... and sufficient as upload I will be glad and
I can pay for the test something more, otherwise if it is 256/64 forget, for sure will be
too low and I couldn't work with that plan.

If somebody is interested please send me a private message and ask me what you desire
to get paid for this test, I need answer for Sunday night max or we cannot deal for
Monday.. I will read messages 24 hours a day, please help!

If possible I would pay you via Paypal or wire transfer because I'm still not in Belgrade
and I would prefer in that way if possible.

Hvala!

Odgovor na temu

katarino
beograd

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)22.09.2006. u 19:25 - pre 214 meseci
I hope that this kind of ADV is permitted, sorry if I write this kind of messages and I disturb,
but I cannot read in Serbian all the rules, so forgive me if bypass some rule!

Odgovor na temu

optix
CH

SuperModerator
Član broj: 7009
*.dynamic.sbb.co.yu.

+101 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)22.09.2006. u 21:35 - pre 214 meseci
You do understand that you can relatively easy change the port speed, by applying a request for that?
Are you absolutely sure that the ADSL service is active in that apartment? By saying that one would have to bring his own modem, it sounds like the location is only capable for adsl, not that is infact active. In which case, you can't measure anything without having an active service.
On the other hand, ISP will have no trouble telling you what speed is active if you provide him with some basic information, username for instance. Without it (username&password) you won't be able to access the net anyway.

[Ovu poruku je menjao optix dana 22.09.2006. u 23:20 GMT+1]
"99% of your thought process is protecting your self-conceptions,
and 98% of that is wrong."

Odgovor na temu

katarino
beograd

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)23.09.2006. u 14:22 - pre 214 meseci
yes sure, the adsl is active

but the agency cannot contact the owner, so we cannot know which plan it is.. or if there is a router-modem and we can test it, for sure there is not any pc.

so the unique is to go there, find the phone-jack and test with an own router-modem-notebook which adsl it is.

K.

Odgovor na temu

optix
CH

SuperModerator
*.dynamic.sbb.co.yu.

+101 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)23.09.2006. u 14:43 - pre 214 meseci
OK, what I'm suggesting is that you do not necessarily need someone to go there in order to find out what speed is active (presuming that the service is indeed active). You, or someone for you, can easily contact the ISP by telephone and find that out. In both cases (someone going there, or someone telephoning the ISP) you will need username and password. That's how the ADSL authentication goes around here.

Odgovor na temu

tdjokic
Tomislav Djokic
u penziji
Beograd

Član broj: 6736
*.COOL.ADSL.VLine.verat.net.

Sajt: www.distrowatch.com

+210 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)23.09.2006. u 15:50 - pre 214 meseci
Agency must know which company is ISP - Verat, Beotel, Eunet,..., and user name and password. There is also some legal document - contract, or in serbian - "Ugovor" between owner (or former user of ADSL, with permition of owner) and ISP company for that apartment and telefon number and agency must have it. Otherwise you can't use ADSL (or test it on monday).

Agency can ask all ISP, one by one, by telephone, which one has a user on this adress in Dalmatinska nad this phone number. I think that agency can make an agreement with ISP for you, to use the ADSL, on the basis on same document on which it rent you apartment.
Na svetu postoje samo 2 OS-a: 1. Mint, 2. svi ostali!

Odgovor na temu

katarino
beograd

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)23.09.2006. u 17:41 - pre 214 meseci
ah ah hvala...

sound very hard so, ok thank you... I will tell this to the agency,

incredible... found only 2 apartment with the ADSL but they don't have those documents
as username, password, and if is TS, Beonet etc etc...

ok forget, I will update u on monday.

K.

Odgovor na temu

Mister Big Time
The Consigliere
enterparadajz
Belgrade

Član broj: 15306

Sajt: www.go2bed.net

+43 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 02:39 - pre 214 meseci
Like I told you in the previous topic. Don't expect such service in apartments for rent. Some of them don't even have fixed telephone line, or a decent bathroom... AD.. what?!
Perhaps to look for some fancy expensive houses... for a price like ~2000 euros per month I guess they have even satellite internet installed

Odgovor na temu

katarino
beograd

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 13:30 - pre 214 meseci
yes but I don't understand how is possible that in a city so big as belgrade
is so hard to find an apartment with adsl installed perhaps the 768/192 plans
are not so expensive... of some provider like Beonet, Neobee or similars and
however the apartment will be one of the few avaible for rent with ADSL..
etc etc... ok forget, and about bathrooms? ha ha why that too (:-)))

cao

Odgovor na temu

optix
CH

SuperModerator
*.dynamic.sbb.co.yu.

+101 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 14:08 - pre 214 meseci
Probably because people here have other priorities when renting apartment comes to line. Generally people here use less internet then people in EU countries, thus it's not an important factor when considering apartment, except if you are a foreigner, or anyone who uses net for work.
Other thing is, you have to pay ADSL month by month, and if you don't they'll cut you off. It's not very economical to pay 768package and the flat is empty. It's possible however to have ADSL service put on hold, this is supported by some providers and you pay significantly less for that (people do this when they are going on vacation for a longer time). But it really gets complicated again when you are renting an apartment.

If I were in your position, I would focus more on finding apartment that has SBB cables installed, and then check with SBB if Internet is possible on that location. It's much easier to find that kind of apartment then one with ADSL installed. And in downtown area it's almost certain that you will have capabilities for Internet if you have SBB cable. Installation is usually done within days. Cable internet has low latency, and with 1mb/s download; 512 kb/s upload you can easily carry two voip conversations. (this is a flatrate service). You could even go with slower package (512/256 kb/s), skype for instance usualy uses 40-64 kb/s for a single call.
For voip you will have to use skype, or similar service, since voip telephony is still not commercially available here. But that could change soon.

So, find apartment that has SBB cables and telephone line, you'll have fast cable net and probably be able to install ADSL as well if you really need it.

Best of luck.

[Ovu poruku je menjao optix dana 25.09.2006. u 13:50 GMT+1]

Odgovor na temu

pctel
Beograd

Član broj: 13030

+1349 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 14:13 - pre 214 meseci
Citat:
katarino: yes but I don't understand how is possible that in a city so big as belgrade
is so hard to find an apartment with adsl installed perhaps the 768/192 plans
are not so expensive...

This is normal - just about 2-3% apartments in Belgrade have ADSL instaled, price is not a problem, generally there are tehnical problems. You can also try to find some apartments with cable internet, or locations capable for wireless internet. Half of all apartements are capable for one of that ways to access internet. How long you will use this apartment?
Samo ti sinko (administratore) radi svoj posao.

Odgovor na temu

katarino
beograd

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 18:36 - pre 214 meseci
I will use it 3/4 months, because the first apartment hardly is the definitive... may be the second yes.

Ok I will consider SBB too... may be that in this apartment there is an SBB but if we don't find the user and pass.. or the box where we can see the user and password.. hardly we could upgrade plan or use it.

I come there with my own router-adsl (netgear) and my IP phone, so I don't need skype, I just use a grandstream phone to receive the incoming calls with UK or IT or DE phone numbers. So I can do it from Beograd too.

But what is this wireless internet? it's fast, what is exactly? for sure if is wireless... I cannot use a router...
so I cannot attache the IP phone to the internet...

K.

Odgovor na temu

pctel
Beograd

+1349 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 20:15 - pre 214 meseci
Citat:
katarino: Ok I will consider SBB too... may be that in this apartment there is an SBB but if we don't find the user and pass..

You don't need any username/password to access SBB cable internet. You just need SBB cable modem which have built in identification number for access SBB. You don't need to enter any data, just "plug and play".

Citat:
But what is this wireless internet?

Wireless internet works using radiovawes. You only need to see any antena of wireles internet provider, then you going there to pay which speed desire and when you back apartement, you are capable to acces internet through wireless. There are divers ways to access wireless internet...
Most newer models of laptops have wireless antena built in. Others must buy small USB wifi adapter. In most casses, you can't see provider's wireless antena through windows - you see it from terrace or roof slope and there must install antena, from there to your apartment you will use LAN cable, which you can append to computer, router, switch or whichever you want.
Prices are about same as for ADSL. Verat's price for Wireless 768/192 is 3600 din/month
(1eur~80 din) + 2000 din for initial setup.

Odgovor na temu

katarino
beograd

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 21:07 - pre 214 meseci
yes now i understand, my be that that kind of wireless-internet can be risky with bad weather
speed can have problems etc etc.. never seen in Italy this wireless internet, but very interesting!
thanks

Odgovor na temu

GR2310
Greece

Član broj: 108217
*.otenet.gr.

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 21:51 - pre 214 meseci
Buona sera Katarino!!!

I'm writing you from Greece. I'm from Serbia but not so familiar with the availability of ADSL service in Serbia since I don't live there few years now. I belive that guys from this great forum gave you already some very useful info about ADSL. My concern will be about VoIP. You should not consider only raw speed, but as well as other parameters. Here in Greece I have 1024/256 line and I can not use VoIP at all. I am getting better results on my old ISDN line. The problem here is that OTE (greek telecom) is using packet limiters on theirs DSLAM. They have found nice way for people who are using phone for international callas to stay with a fixed phone line a fat monthly phone bills. They are limiting lines at 30-40 packets per sec which is unusuble for VoIP communication. I know I went to offtopic, sorry guys, but since Katrino needs this service too just wanted to mention situation here. Since we all know about MONOPOLY of TELEKOM SRBIJA, as well as greek OTE, I would not be surprised that they have done something same in Serbia too. Just hoping that they haven't done something like that.
I would like to ask all people of good will to use program which I will attach with this message and to check their lines so that our friend from Italy could have a whole picture about ADSL services. Just unpack and start the program and make some download so that the line can take a full speed and read out the values from this program. My values in best case don't exceed 45, tragic just tragic!!!

Good luck Katrino!!!

Greetings, Bojan GR2310

[Ovu poruku je menjao GR2310 dana 27.09.2006. u 15:08 GMT+1]
Prikačeni fajlovi

Odgovor na temu

optix
CH

SuperModerator
*.dynamic.sbb.co.yu.

+101 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)24.09.2006. u 23:15 - pre 214 meseci
Citat:
GR2310: Just unpack and start the program and make some download so that the line can take a full speed and read out the values from this program. My values in best case don't exceed 45, tragic just tragic!!!

"Some download" won't do the trick here. You have to test the number of udp packets when making voip call. Normal download, like http or ftp uses TCP packets since it's not time-sensitive, and their size is usually maximum that's allowable by medium ~ 1500 bytes (less if PPPoE is used). So by transmitting 40 packets per second you have maximum throughput of 480 kb/s. VOIP use more smaller udp packets; skype sends approx. 50 packets around 100 bytes each, every second.

[Ovu poruku je menjao optix dana 25.09.2006. u 00:29 GMT+1]

Odgovor na temu

pctel
Beograd

+1349 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)25.09.2006. u 00:38 - pre 214 meseci
Citat:
GR2310: Since we all know about MONOPOLY of TELEKOM SRBIJA, as well as greek OTE, I would not be surprised that they have done something same in Serbia too.

No, monopoly of telekom is punctured like a swiss cheese - some providers have direct wireless Internet connection with abroad. Also, there are wireless connections betwen ISPs and users, so there are users which internet doesn't going through Telekom's infrastructure at any point. So, may be bether idea to search apartement 1km sud-west, near the Slavija place, these locations are often capable for all 3 sorts of the internet. And, at the end, don't forget - this is Serbia: you cannot expect to any sort of the internet works 24h/day at declared speed.

Odgovor na temu

GR2310
Greece

*.otenet.gr.

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)25.09.2006. u 00:50 - pre 214 meseci
Citat:
optix: "Some download" won't do the trick here. You have to test the number of udp packets when making voip call. Normal download, like http or ftp uses TCP packets since it's not time-sensitive, and their size is usually maximum that's allowable by medium ~ 1500 bytes (less if PPPoE is used). So by transmitting 40 packets per second you have maximum throughput of 480 kb/s. VOIP use more smaller udp packets; skype sends approx. 50 packets around 100 bytes each, every second.

[Ovu poruku je menjao optix dana 25.09.2006. u 00:29 GMT+1]
I am sure that you are right about everything you said. Also my appology for miss leading you all, I've read those instructions on some other forum, again sorry. I have tried as you said to meter number of packets while making a call 30 - 35 I get most of the time and the voice qualiti is terrible. Either i can't hear other person or vice versa with a big pause in between. Also I have read on a greek adsl forum that OTE is limiting number of UDP packets per second and that is impossible to make a normal VoIP call. Thats is why I have posted my previous post. Altec Telecom is one out of two major VoIP providers here, and the program attached in my previous message is their diagnostic tool so that you can test quality of your line. Untill now Altec is only VoIP provider whose service is working. They have made some changes on their server so that the number of packets per second is smaller but they incrised their size.
I've went far away from this subject and if mods find my post unnecessary please erase it.

Best regards, Bojan!!!

Odgovor na temu

optix
CH

SuperModerator
*.dynamic.sbb.co.yu.

+101 Profil

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)25.09.2006. u 01:15 - pre 214 meseci
It's perfectly ok, I just wanted to point out that normal downloading of applications etc. differs form voip calls.
I thought that our Telekom was the meanest of them all, but it looks like the OTE is on the top :)
I don't have ADSL and SBB doesn't limit packet frequency, but some ADSL user can test it using that program. I don't believe that they put limits on that, since there hasn't been too much complaining here.

Regards.

Odgovor na temu

GR2310
Greece

*.otenet.gr.

icon Re: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)25.09.2006. u 01:27 - pre 214 meseci
Citat:
pctel: No, monopoly of telekom is punctured like a swiss cheese - some providers have direct wireless Internet connection with abroad. Also, there are wireless connections betwen ISPs and users, so there are users which internet doesn't going through Telekom's infrastructure at any point. So, may be bether idea to search apartement 1km sud-west, near the Slavija place, these locations are often capable for all 3 sorts of the internet. And, at the end, don't forget - this is Serbia: you cannot expect to any sort of the internet works 24h/day at declared speed.
Well good to hear that!!! It's nice to know that exists something else and not only Telekom's infrastructure. As Katrino stated in one of his previous post that in Italy wireless intenret does not exist, in a form like it does in Serbia, I can only add, with regret, that same is in Greece too. There is no wide wireless coverage, except metropolitan network which does not have internet access and it is fully unprofitable. There is coverage in certain airports and hotels.

Greetings, Bojan!!!

Odgovor na temu

[es] :: ISP :: ADSL :: I need to find somebody can test an ADSL in an apartment (at payment)

Strane: 1 2

[ Pregleda: 6742 | Odgovora: 21 ] > FB > Twit

Postavi temu Odgovori

Navigacija
Lista poslednjih: 16, 32, 64, 128 poruka.